• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what kind of bird is this? (1 Viewer)

Adam.S

PICT0002_001.sized.jpg

I heard that it might be a warbler of some kind?

Last edited:
Hi Adam,

I'll have to pass on the ID but on behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can help out.

Hi Adam,
It's a Varied Thrush,and a stunning example too!
They are a common species on the west coast of North America,and one has even made it to Europe!
Harry

Adam,

It is a muscicapid related to Turdus (e.g. American Robin). Variously put in genus Ixoreus or Zoothera. I use Zoothera naevia.

Yep, Varied Thrush (Zoothera naevia), perched in a Pacific Madrone (Arbutus menziesii).

I've even (just very recently) had the opportunity to find out what that white stuff is too, it is something called "snow", and is made of finely divided crystalline rain, formed at cold temperatures, below zero. :king:

Michael

geez michael, you've got a scientific name for everything, don't you. How about this: "Homo Sapiens Showoffus"...

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back