• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Few Monochromes (1 Viewer)

these are all just so, so special - that redthroat is perhaps one of my favourite pieces of work by anyone, ever.

You're developing an inimitable style here Tim. To go with your other inimitable styles! As I've said before I love seeing monochrome being given its due.

Wonderful recent charcoals, the manxies and Red Throat are standout pieces for me, great to see these. You obviously enjoy these and it shows in the finished work, also feel these will really contribute to future colour work with regard to tonal range and the impact darks and lights can have in a piece...

Just such impressive work here, Tim! Your command of multiple media and styles in your work is incredible.

Thank you so much. I heard unofficially last night (wasn't there, of course) and had to wait til BirdWatch updated their website today for confirmation. One of the longest nights of my life - and it's not really sunk in yet.
And I hope this doesn't sound ridiculously sycophantic, but I honestly wouldn't be doing what I am today without the help, support, encouragement and valuable critique I receive from you fine artists and people on a daily basis.
People who have known me and watched my work develop for many years have commented that it seemed to go up a gear a few years ago - that time almost exacty coincides with when I joined this Forum and started to get excited about art again - the first time for many years.
So a genuine Thank You to all who have contributed. I'm truly grateful.
Now - where's that bar we opened back in 2006 . . . I could just do with a pint, or three . . . B :)

Last edited:
wasn't there, of course

you dipped out bigtime by not attending, if the report is anything to go by:

-----------------------------------------

Attending the award were birding luminaries... Other famous visitors included former MP Michael Portillo and British comedy actress Una Stubbs

------------------------------------------

Congratulations, Tim!! B :)B :)

Speaking for me, but I'm sure for the other denizens of this forum as well, you have inspired us constantly and provided a big incentive to keep plugging away and having fun in the process!

I'm just going to sneak in quietly here and mumble a few barely-audible apologies , , , ,
The ANF visit to Sark was one of the highlights of my professional career to date and, besides the work I produced during my stay there I also wanted to make some considered studio-based work. Having finally completed a mass of illustration work (which shall remain un-posted) and a few commissions- I've now completed two large charcoal pics from the trip.
Gannets and skerries off the Silver Mines Coast, Little Sark (34"x22") and Peregrine at Le Coupee (22"x35").

Attachments

• Sark gannets small.JPG
    Sark gannets small.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Sark peregrine small.JPG
    Sark peregrine small.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 63
Your charcoal work is just as phenomenal as your pieces in other media! Wonderful subtleties here that show so well in monochrome. Sounds like a great trip!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back