• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jenny's paintings (1 Viewer)

JennyMK

Hello everyone!
I am new to this site, and would like to introduce myself: My name is Jenny Moed-Korpela, an artist from Finland currently living in China. I paint mostly birds, and thought it would be nice to share my work with you guys, and be inspired by all the great bird art and photography on this site.

A question: I have noticed that you do not do many threads per person, but rather post your paintings in one thread, I guess this means that I can post all my paintings in one thread, and my sketches in another, and so on? And then just fill it up as the time goes?

Well, here are the three images I uploaded today to the gallery to get started, comments and criticism more than welcome!!!
:hi:

Attachments

• 2011Kingfisher800.jpg
    2011Kingfisher800.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 2011wavesbelow.jpg
    2011wavesbelow.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 2011Shy800.jpg
    2011Shy800.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 753
Greetings Jenny.....

Some fine pics you've posted there...i particularly like the gull and the treatment of backgrounds of kingfisher and robin pics..and i look forward to seeing more of your work...

[I love eastern influence paintings]....:cat:

ps....i would just put all sketches and finished works on this one thread by the way....unless you have reason to seperate your works...

All the best....:t:

http://username-beast.blogspot.co.uk/

Hi Jenny, welcome to the best bit of BF.

Nice work, unique and unusual backgrounds add an interesting twist.

User's right, put everything in one place it makes it easy for everyone to follow what you're up to.

Mike

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome and kind feedback! I will put everything in this one thread, that's easy then! :)
Looking forward to getting some constructive feedback on the work I'm posting, and it will be great to see all your bird art!
Jenny

Thank you Ken!
Bigshent: thank you! I am myself pleased with how that background developed, something I will use more of in the future!

Here are some more paintings: the seagull is just like the previous paintings from last year, but the Long-tailed tit and the European Robin is from this year. I am for the moment busy with a small series of 20x20cm canvases, and the long tailed tit and the robin are the first finished ones. On the easel I have two more Long-tailed tits and a Bullfinch coming up, so I will soon share those as well. These are experiments, so they do differ quite a lot from each other. I am playing with texture and color-scemes for the backgrounds.

Attachments

• 2011wavesbelow2.jpg
    2011wavesbelow2.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 2012singforme.jpg
    2012singforme.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 2012Yes800.jpg
    2012Yes800.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 117
More gorgeous work, Jenny . . . and the choice of background works really well, to my eyes. Will you (or have you already) make paintings of 'Eastern' birds too?

Thank you Tim! I have started yes with some eastern birds. The Common Kingfisher that I saw for the first time here in China I have painted once already, and I have one more on the easel. And I have started a painting with an Azure-winged magpie (sketch for the painting in my inspirational journal below in attachment).

I have seen a few new species for me here on the east coast of china, and on my short travels inland. I was not able to get good pictures of them, but I was able to identify some of them. I have seen the Hoopoe, Red-billed blue magpie, Grey-chinned Minivet and Red-whiskered bulbul amongst others. So there will be paintings from them one day...

Attachments

• blaskata.jpg
    blaskata.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 134
Lovely idea this mix of collage and paint, it has a lot of potential. I look forward to seeing some more of the 'exotics'.

Mike

Thank you Oivind! Yes it is a swedish song in the background, I have two of my mothers old songbooks that I use the sheets for backgrounds. They are brown/yellow of age and for some reason I love to use them...
Mike, Ken and Nick: Thank you so much!!!

Welcome on board Jenny!
Very beautiful paintings with an unusual approach to your subject!
Feel free to post more...

Paschalis

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back