• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Best roof prism binocular in the world versus the best porro prism binocular in t (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

Supporter
I am getting a new from Adorama for $599.99(Good Price) Nikon 8x32 SE with the latest coatings on Tuesday. I will compare it too my Nikon 8x32 EDG II when I get it. You know my reviews are the best and totally unbiased so it will finally end the debate or will it? I will try to conduct tests under varying conditions including looking into shadows, glare control, sharpness,contrast and 3D effect. as well as, ergonomics. The question will be can a $600 porro prism binocular compete with a $2400 roof prism binocular. Two of the best binoculars if not THE best binoculars in the world with different prisms head to head. This is exciting! Coming on Wednesday!

I think Dennis is getting ready to order a new 32mm Swarovision.

If so, perhaps he's "pimping up" the EDG by comparing it to the best porros and then saying that the EDG is better so he can get a better price for it on eBay.

Since he bought the EDG I for $750, got a free upgrade to the II, which is now selling for $2,229.99, he doesn't really need to give it a "hard sell" to turn a tidy profit.

I wouldn't put it past him, of course, but I don't think he would sell the EDG until he knew for certain that the 8x32 SV EL doesn't produce "rolling ball" for him like the 8.5x SV EL and that he could get one with a smooth focuser.

Besides, I think he likes being the Underdog defending the EDG ("Have no fear, Underdog is here"), because it gets him more attention. He'd have no opposition with the 8x32 SV EL, which so far, has gotten rave reviews.

But, no doubt, two reports of the SV EL not having RB has peaked his interest.

Well, we know where this is going, so let's hope Adorama charges him a restocking fee. :)

<B>

If so, perhaps he's "pimping up" the EDG by comparing it to the best porros and then saying that the EDG is better so he can get a better price for it on eBay.

Since he bought the EDG I for $750, got a free upgrade to the II, which is now selling for $2,229.99, he doesn't really need to give it a "hard sell" to turn a tidy profit.

I wouldn't put it past him, of course, but I don't think he would sell the EDG until he knew for certain that the 8x32 SV EL doesn't produce "rolling ball" for him like the 8.5x SV EL and that he could get one with a smooth focuser.

Besides, I think he likes being the Underdog defending the EDG ("Have no fear, Underdog is here"), because it gets him more attention. He'd have no opposition with the 8x32 SV EL, which so far, has gotten rave reviews.

But, no doubt, two reports of the SV EL not having RB has peaked his interest.

Well, we know where this is going, so let's hope Adorama charges him a restocking fee. :)

<B>

^ ^ ^ ^
Agree.

If I'd managed to get an EDG for $750, I'd be tripping over myself to put it on eBay right now. There's no better time: the EDG is currently priced at an all-time high, with some people doubting whether those prices can be maintained.

I'm surprised you're not on top of this, Dennis!

If I'd managed to get an EDG for $750, I'd be tripping over myself to put it on eBay right now. There's no better time: the EDG is currently priced at an all-time high, with some people doubting whether those prices can be maintained.

I'm surprised you're not on top of this, Dennis!
Heh. I only have $750.00 in a top alpha roof prism binocular so why would I sell it? I would have to pay at least $2200.00 for the 8x32 SV and I would probably have rolling ball and a less smooth uneven focuser. I have the best why mess with the rest! HeHe!

Deja Vue? Shouldn't this thread be combined with the other one having the same title?
I know Dennis can be entertaining (he said, politely) but surely we ought not to have too much of a good thing (see Brock at #2 above)?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back