• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

mobi-binning? (1 Viewer)

breffni

attaching a pair of bins (10 x 50) to a video phone (nokia 6630) with a paper clipa nd an elastic band is surprisingly effective assuming a steady hand - anybody got any examples of similar combinations?

photo attached

Attachments

• mobibin2.JPG
    mobibin2.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 264
couple of photos

desgreene said:
That's a new one on me breffni! Very innovative.

Have you got any sample bird pics taken that setup?

Des.

here's a stonechat from about 20 yards from the car and another of some gulls at about 30 yards in lisbon - note the detail on the yellow leg gull bill and eye...

(i actually took the latter in business suit and tie while i was walking along the quay near the conference centre in lisbon at lunchtime with some colleagues at a business meeting)

Attachments

• yll and bh gulls lisbon 09032005(009).jpg
    yll and bh gulls lisbon 09032005(009).jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 247
  • stonechat  balaggan 01032005(001).jpg
    stonechat balaggan 01032005(001).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 262
With a bit of cropping & filtering it's not bad!
Certainly for record shots if that's all the gear you had with you. :clap:

Not sure about "mobi binning",although Salty has put some pretty spooky pics on the Gallery,but apparently "digibinning "is the "in thing "at the moment,according to Birdwatch mag.I tried it once with the little Contax cam,and it was okay,Did manage a couple of decent pics,but you do need a steady hand.

mobiscoping

attached shot of wheatear taken (when battery on coolpix ran) out at distance of 60 metres by holding phone camera to scope at 60x - the bird is actually in the act of launching for flight...

in terms of terminology therefore, to add to the well accepted digiscoping and digibinning, we now have mobibinning (or possibly mo'binning) and mobiscoping? n'est pas?

Attachments

• 21052005(001).jpg
    21052005(001).jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 215
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back