• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question on Melanotrochilus (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

I know that this question may be here the wrong place but I don't know on which subforum it might be correct.

OK I understood Melanotrochilus is now a synonym for Florisuga and I do not have an issue with this. Nevertheless I found Eugène Eudes-Deslongchamps publication of the name here and here.

But I found also that Deslongchamps published the name first in Guide du Naturaliste, 2, 1880, p. 7. Till now I failed to find it? Does anyone know if this is somewhere online? If yes where? I assume it is not Le Naturaliste: journal des échanges et des nouvelles.

To be more precise it should be

E. Deslongchamps, Étude sur le groupe des Jacobines (Florisuga) et le nouveaux sous-genre Melanotrochilus Guide du Naturaliste 2. Année. N. 1. 7–9

P.S. At least above source may not the oldest published. See Errors Concerning the Date and Source of the Name Melanotrochilus Eudes-Deslongchamps (Trochilidae).

Last edited:
I have not found it online. Full name: Guide du Naturaliste, Revue Bibliographique des Sciences Naturelles. Bulletin Mensuel. Par A. Bouvier. A=M. Aimé Bouvier, de Bourg, vient de fonder a Paris un Guide de: Naturaliste.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back