• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

house wren nesting (1 Viewer)

epf

I have several squirrel proof bird feeders. For the first time in 30 years a bird (house wren) has crawled through the small opening above the plexiglass and built a nest, with nine eggs. All hatched and are thriving with the mother and father still attending. Is there any reason to think these wrens will return to the nest next year, or is that not going to happen ?. Thanks

I have several squirrel proof bird feeders. For the first time in 30 years a bird (house wren) has crawled through the small opening above the plexiglass and built a nest, with nine eggs. All hatched and are thriving with the mother and father still attending. Is there any reason to think these wrens will return to the nest next year, or is that not going to happen ?. Thanks

It's certainly possible, particularly if the nest is successful in fledging young.

I wonder if that means the house wren couldn't find a better place to nest. That is, are nesting spots in your area becoming more rare?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back