• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Female Rose-breasted Grosbeak! (1 Viewer)

Lady19thC

Huzzah! My first female Rose-breasted Grosbeak, ever! She just came to the safflower and had a good meal! Pretty girl!

Attachments

• P5160835femrosebrgrospole.jpg
    P5160835femrosebrgrospole.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 122
  • P5160842femrosbrgrsafflower.jpg
    P5160842femrosbrgrsafflower.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 96
Yes, but I would do anything for your Pine and Evening Grosbeaks!! They are just gorgeous! On a fun note, I loved the series "Avonlea" which, though it is supposed to be set on Prince Edward Island, was filmed in Ontario, for 7 years. I remember always hearing the chickadees in the background. Do you have loads of them?

Lady19thC said:
Yes, but I would do anything for your Pine and Evening Grosbeaks!! They are just gorgeous! On a fun note, I loved the series "Avonlea" which, though it is supposed to be set on Prince Edward Island, was filmed in Ontario, for 7 years. I remember always hearing the chickadees in the background. Do you have loads of them?

LOL..... I love my grosbeaks too and wouldn't part with them for anything altho'..... I might TRADE one or two .... ;)

I admit I never got into the Avonlea series... wasn't my type of show. As for chickadees, yes there are all kinds around here. I don't get too many at my feeder here in town but at the cottage, it was common to have 25 or 30 at a time!

There, I also sometimes see boreal chickadees. They are more brown than black caps and sound like they have laryngitis! ;)

Black caps are very common here.

I had one Boreal Chickadee show up at my feeder three years ago-I believe it was in late fall. I was so excited. It was my first and only time, and my rarest sighting for this area! I love Chickadees!

If I ever come across anyone who says they HATE chickadees, I swear I'll die of shock. ;)

They have to be one of the most popular birds of all time. They are certainly adorable.

Lady19thC said:
I had one Boreal Chickadee show up at my feeder three years ago-I believe it was in late fall. I was so excited. It was my first and only time, and my rarest sighting for this area! I love Chickadees!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back