• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Empty nester (1 Viewer)

Literally I feel sad, my first year having hummers I live in Central Phoenix, lots of greenery here. I had at least a dozen hummers I figure looking at the ID photos about 2 maybe 3 different species. I woke up this morning at about 530am and I usually start getting hummer activity about a little before 6am. I noticed just a few hummers getting some early morning drinks and then NOTHING.....I think all my babies just migrated. All of them???? I am so SAD...I am hoping one or two stick around for the winter. I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Hello Everyone!

Keep your nectar fresh and keep it out. I am still getting migrating Rufous and a friend of mine in Mesa is still seeing Costa's. Anna's stay year around and my Black-chinned haven't left yet. I'm sure you'll get some more activity.

Well the am has arrived and I do have what I believe are female rufous left....BOY are they fiesty territorial little guys, and I still have one or two black chinned left, seems like the adolescents...maybe a anna's too. Should I reduce the amount of feeders? I currently have 5 and it seems that is definitely overkill. Should I put the feeders out in full view, I have been keeping them under the eaves of the house because of the summer sun and I had a Coopers Hawk that was trying to pick off my hummers but he left because he didn't have much success I think because of the location of the feeders...Any input is greatly appreciated Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back