• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What kind of Cobra??? (1 Viewer)

It looks like a Naja kaouthia (Monocled Cobra)
Granted I'm more clued up on South African snakes so I could be wrong.

Monocled Cobra (Naja kaouthia)

Thanks Mario and kevSA! :t:

I was confused because both times the Cobra didn't react as I expected! Once, in the garden, one erected himself immediate and I thought this one is very slim!

The location is Bangkok.

I'll class him/her as a Monocled Cobra (Naja kaouthia).

all im seeing on the link is a fact file on Monocled Cobra?

I do know that in my area (Chumphun) there are a lot of these - saw a live one a couple of days ago - lots of road kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSmdMIEmN-8&list=PL63145B7366FB6D67&index=11
(so I don't agree with what is happening here, but it is part of Thai culture)
Some Thais believe these are Cobras, but Copperheaded Racer non-venomous and a cool looking snake with a neat Harry Potter zigzag below the eye

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back