• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wear specs -get HG's -now! (1 Viewer)

Den

After nearly 20 years of using Leicas and other top-end bins, I've found something better to replace my well worn 8x42 BA's. The Nikon HG 8x42's I've had since last summer have 20mm eye relief so I can see the whole field with specs on (oh joy!). They are significantly sharper, brighter and have so smooooooth a focus. You have a sense of 'being in the view' that the Leicas never quite managed. I wear varifocals and use bins a lot to draw birds. These bins make me smile every time I use them, they are so good. They may be heavy and have a silly raincover and haven't got the worn look of my old pair but if you wear glasses while viewing - give them a try - you'll grin too.

Thankyou for that Den, I'll certainly consider them if I ever need to upgrade from my Leicas.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back