Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Wednesday 7th December 2011, 16:04   #1
Stephen Fletcher
Yes, i did take the photo of the Eagle

Continuous ink systems

My Epson R800 died recently, probably from overuse, as i print a lot of images, so the 500 it cost me has done quite well. Looking for a replacement, i bought a Canon IP 4850 as i had been told it was a pretty good printer, and it only cost me 80 with free shipping to Spain. Test images proved to have excellent resolution but i was never happy with the colour rendition, leaning towards a magenta cast on every print. Not wanting to sort this out with Canon inks, as they cost a fortune, i decided to wait until the cartridges were empty, with the idea of buying a Continuous Ink System, and then having a printer profile done. The CISS came today ( from City Ink Express, only taking 5 days, including a weekend and a public holiday here to Spain ), was fitted, and a few test prints done. I am amazed at the quality of the image, with the colours being spot on, so i now do not need to do a printer profile, saving even more money. The CISS will work out at the equivalent of 1.14 per cartridge, compared to the Canon ones at over 8 each, and as the ink is dye based, there should be no problems with fading of images either.

All in all a pretty good deal for superb prints, and far cheaper too.

www.extremaduraphotos.webs.com

"When you're receiving flak, you're probably over the target."
George Hurley, NIKE Inc.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: