• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

Thank you all!
I'm just back from a zoo visit and here it is what I did today...
A saker head seen through the scope..

Paschalis

Attachments

• Sakerfalcon study 1.jpg
    Sakerfalcon study 1.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 129
Gob smacking again, the feather detail is just awesome:t:

PS Do you get plenty of strange looks as you lug your scope around a zoo

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I 've uploaded my last fieldwork..
I spend today morning once again in the zoo where the Mississipi Alligators caught my attention as well the Rhinoceros Iguana.
Attached the results of my efforts...

Paschalis

Attachments

• mississippi alligator.jpg
    mississippi alligator.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 128
  • nashornleguan.jpg
    nashornleguan.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 101
another big WOW!!! to the master of the pen....I hope you got a yearly pass, or they are letting you in for free, a crowd puller on your own :t:..mark

They are fantastic! How long do they take on average? Is it just a ball-point pen? wow...

Danke Kathrin, Thank you all!
I feel overwhelmed from your comments!
It seems that I have to start to make thoughts how to reveal my secrets!:) :)
But until then let me share with you something else, something which looks like fieldwork
but it's actually not.
There are studies based excusively on my own video footage-they are of course not of BBC quality, but they help me a lot to understand better my subject... my beloved Bonelli's eagle and Levant sparrowhawk..

Paschalis

Thanks for the warm welcome back!

They are fantastic! How long do they take on average? Is it just a ball-point pen? wow...
It depends on modell's cooperation John..Many consider reptiles as an easy object to draw because they use to spend their time on a certain position for a long time, but it wasn't the case.. I should say that the Alligator was in general an easy subject and took me about two hours to complete it, while the Iguana moved its head and front legs constantly in to various directions ...therefore I had to give up soon because of my limited spare time...

Paschalis

A pleasure as always Paschalis. I thought of you and your work as I bought a new brand of ball point pen to try out yesterday.

Look forward to seeing the results Ken!

Stunning pen drawings here as usual, I have to sat the study showing how water surface skews perspective is quite wonderful, a wonderfull study...

Back from the zoo again ,this time without a black pen study but with an Alligator in watercolour.. The reptile was underwater for at least 45 minutes(note the bluish membrane in his eye) and gave me the opportunity to complete this drawing only with brush (without using a pencil for a preliminary sketch).

Attachments

• mississippi alligator colour study.jpg
    mississippi alligator colour study.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 125
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back