• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife of Missouri Artwork (3 Viewers)

Redtailed Hawk

Just finished this one earlier today. It's a redtailed hawk, very common here in Missouri, but a beautiful creature. This one's watercolor and measures 18'x24". Enjoy!

Attachments

• redtailed hawk II.jpg
    redtailed hawk II.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 40
Very nicely done.

I've seen them in the wild recently but still none in the garden. Hopefully within the month. They're always such a pleasure to have around.

Eastern Collared Lizards II

Just finished this watercolor of male and female eastern collared lizards with a prickly pear blossom. This is my second effort for both subjects because they're so colorful and exquisite. Hope you enjoy them. Thank you again for all your kind comments. They keep me motivated to try harder.

Attachments

• eastern collared lizards II.JPG
    eastern collared lizards II.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 66
What a lovely thread you have here, my absolute favorite was your first post, the female cardinal. The colors of the bird and the contrast between color and black-white is beautiful!

There's a delicacy to your technique that perfectly seems to suit the fast and scampering world of small reptiles. Very nice indeed.

Mike

Green Tree Frog

Greetings, everyone. I've just completed this 16"x20" watercolor of the beautiful green tree frog, another native of Missouri, my wonderfully diverse state. I hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• green tree frog II.jpg
    green tree frog II.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 52
Beautiful Tom. Float trips on the huzzah, current, or eleven point and sitting on a gravel bar at night hearing those peeps. Magnificent!

Edit: Ruby-Throat precious to us all here. Was at washington state park recently and seen some collared lizards,
thought of your work that instant.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back