Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:35   #1
Pete007

Photoshop question

Having previously used Adobe Elements I have now embarked on the steep learning curve that comes with using Photoshop CS5.
One aspect with Elements that I found simple to use and useful was the Paint bucket tool.
By careful use of the colour picker and selecting the right Opacity I found it very useful and quick to sometimes 'Perk-up' a background typically a dull looking sky.
You simply selected the colour, put the Paint bucket on the area of Sky and Job done ! - (pretty much).
I am sure this is possible in Photoshop but without the Paint bucket tool I have yet to find a method that is as quick and simple to use as it was with Elements or having to mask areas etc.
Any help or advice on how to achieve this quickly and efficiently in Photoshop much appreciated.

Pete
Old Tuesday 24th January 2012, 16:48   #2
Mono
Hi!

There is still a Paint Bucket tool in Photoshop CS5, it is grouped with the Gradient tool in the tools palette. You can still do it your tried and trusted way but from what I think you trying to do you could use the Replace Color tool in Image > Adjustments.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: