• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best glass under $100 (1 Viewer)

newfie ghost

Votes?

Nikon travellite is surprisingly good. Minus small field of view and the glare, the center sharpness is better than some $200 roofs I've seen.

I vote for both of ones you guys have posted. The Nikon Trav. 8x25, and the Leup.
Yose. 6x30. I have both and agree, very good value and performance.

Wouldn't it be nice if there would be a pocket 8x25 roof, like the Alphas make in
the 8x20 or 10x25. Now that would be one very nice optic.

Keep the votes coming.

Jerry

Bushnell 7x26 Legend can often be found on ebay. I just got one for $55
Olympus 8x25 PC I at around $50 is better optically than the travelite imo.
Pentax 8x21 UCF-R at around $50 is by far the smallest of the bunch with amazingly bright clear views.
Seems to be plenty of choices but as they are all compacts it's really important IMO to handle them and look through them before buying due to the small size. Many won't work well for some.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back