• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujinon spotting scope eyepieces (1 Viewer)

G500

Some years ago Fujinon spotting scopes were available. I have one and would like to replace it's eyepiece. No Fuji eyepieces seem to be available so, I have wondered if someone here might know if some other brand is compatible.

It does have a bayonet locking mount similar to the Kowa but I've not found a Kowa locally to try.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi,

this is going to be interesting since those never sold well and are long discontinued... information is kinda rare too...

I mean you could start your quest for an alternate EP by making a good photo of the bayonet and maybe take some measurements so people here can compare their bayonets. Or try to find or borrow Kowa, Swaro or chinese swaro clones somewhere to test.

Creating an adapter for bayonet mounts is possible (some bf members have done so - mostly by hand from some plastic tubing) but not easy. To make them out of metal is a bit more tricky and you should have access to a well stocked machine shop.

Other than that your best bet is probably the accessory thread around the eyepiece mount which I saw on one of the rare photos of the fuji scope. Measure the diameter and thread pitch (take length of the thread and divide by the count - probably either 1 or 0.75).

If you have identified the thread you can try to find available adapters or have one made to convert this to astro 1.25 inch mount which gives you a whole lot of EPs to choose from.

Joachim

Well, just an fyi. I purchased a Kowa eyepiece as the designs are very similar. It almost fits. A few thousandths too large in diameter. I believe it can be modified and I'll look into doing that.
Thanks for all the consideration here.

The Fujinon was purchased when they were being discontinued, and a telescope person highly recommended them--(he also was a dealer for Fujinon so...). The optics are pretty good and will serve me pretty well but I may look for a better quality spotter in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back