• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Focus in Macro Mode (1 Viewer)

GR Triever

Sometimes while using macro focus through my scope, the autofocus seems to just go crazy; the lens mechanism seems like it moves all the way in, back out, and then to some place in between to where I have to refocus the scope again. Problem with the camera, or just a quirk?

Regards,

GR

my cp4500 and cp990 both do that if the scope foucs is too far off. the sharper the scope focus is the better auto (macro) focus works. have you tried focusing the scope with both eyes open? this gives me a better focus.

best,

richard

Macro is only supposed to be used when the camera's zoom is in a certain position, the little flower symbol turns yellow when this position is reached. You can often get the AF to lock onto a subject outside this range, but you're more dependant on brightness/contrast/sharpness of the subject (or the image in the eyepiece of the scope, to more precise).
Regards,
Andy

AHA! That would explain it! I'm still learning this camera, and you've just given a good lesson. That's why I like this forum so much. Thanks for the info.

GR

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back