• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got my CP4500 back already! (1 Viewer)

HelenB

Opus Editor and Expat from Cumbria
Opus Editor
My camera arrived back yesterday, so it was very fast as they only received it on 15th July.

The invoice says that the ccd was adjusted, and they also checked the auto focus operation and gave it a general check and clean. Also says: mod version upgrade - not sure exactly what that means - any ideas anyone?

I've taken a few test photos and the dead pixels are gone.

Happy in Houston!

That sounds like excellent news, Helen. You may have had an older cp4500 with the original firmware in it, this can be upgraded by yourself (a thread on here somewhere).... but Nikon clearly do this as a matter of course if they get one to repair. Some people think the newer firmware makes a difference in some areas such as start-up time speed, most won't notice any difference.

I know a few people who have sent their Nikon's back for a general clean up, even when nothing was wrong..... just for a bit of peace of mind.
Good shooting!
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back