• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Christmas in Chico, CA (1 Viewer)

Little SuperBirder

Addicted to Birds
I'm on in Chico, California visiting family over Christmas. I just got here yesterday but I'm having quite a bit of fun.

I'll get pictures up asap but that might be after I get back home. I've gotten two year birds so far: Yellow-billed Magpie and Tundra Swan. Other birds of interest: Golden-crowned Sparrow, Fox Sparrow, Lincoln's Sparrow, and Anna's Hummingbirds simply because it always surprises me to see them this far north. I've only gotten good pictures of the Golden-crowned so far but I did get pictures for documentation of the Fox Sparrow. (first okay pictures)

Stay tuned.

So far I've gotten 36 species just staying around the house.
1: Tundra Swan
2: Snow Geese (probably had some Ross's but I couldn't see any other then snow)
3: Anna's Hummingbird
4: Nuttal's Woodpecker
5: Northern Flicker
6: Black Phoebe
7: Western Scrub-Jay
8: American Crow
9: Common Raven
10: Oak Titmouse
11: Bushtits
12: White-breasted Nuthatch
13: Ruby-crowned Kinglet
14: Western Bluebird
15: American Robin
16: Northern Mockingbird
17: European Starling
18: American Pipit
19: Cedar Waxwing
20: Yellow-rumped Warbler
21: Spotted Towhee
22: California Towhee
23: Fox Sparrow
24: Lincoln's Sparrow
25: White-crowned Sparrow
26: Golden-crowned Sparrow
27: Dark-eyed Junco (first time I've seen more then just Oregon subspecies in quite a while)
28: Red-winged Blackbird
29: Brewer's Blackbird
30: House Finch
31: Lesser Goldfinch
32: House Sparrow
33: Eurasian Collared-Dove
34: Yellow-billed Magpie
35: House Wren
36: Western Meadowlark

I'm going to do some actual birding tomorrow and hope to add tons of ducks. The biggest target is Eurasian Wigeon for my yearlist. (would be yearbird 347)

Got 32 new species for the trip list today. Highlights: Tundra Swan, Sandhill Crane, Eurasian Wigeon, Bald Eagle, Marsh Wren, Sora, Wilson's Snipe, Canvasback (over 150!), Belted Kingfisher, and Lincoln's Sparrow.

On an unrelated note, this is my 100th post! :)

haha, they were flying over. ;) There are quite a few nice birds around though. I saw the Fox Sparrow again today and got some nice pictures. Hopefully I'll post a few pictures later today.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back