• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABA Big Year 2017 (1 Viewer)

Assuming Hawaii doesn't count until the revised ABA list comes out:
Yve hits the Top Ten all-time with 724 + 3.
The Stolls are at 715 + 2 (with 56 Hawaiian species in the bank).

Joe

Attachments

• BigYears2017.xlsx
    97.5 KB · Views: 128
  • BigYears2017ByCode.xlsx
    586.3 KB · Views: 111
Turns out I had Dan Sanders' 2005 Big Year list in my files, so I added him in.
Joe

Attachments

• BigYears2017.xlsx
    100.5 KB · Views: 97
    589.6 KB · Views: 99
Deja vu all over again. On the morning of August 25th, they're all tied!
Ruben & Victor: 728 (726 + 2)
Yve: 728 (725 + 3)

The Stolls have 54 species in the Bank of Hawaii: they've picked up Spotted Dove & Munia in California.

Joe

Attachments

• BigYears2017.xlsx
    100.4 KB · Views: 114
    589.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
All five 700+ birders are on Gambell. Yve picked up King Eider & Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, both of which the Stolls already had.
Yve 734
Ruben/Victor 732

Joe

All the same - if I'd been doing this big year - I'd very much rather see that Swallow-tailed Gull . . . what a bird!

Me too. But, if you're stuck in Alaska, you're stuck in Alaska. Maybe the gull will still be around when people get back to the lower 48.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back