• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help with choosing a new spotting scope. (1 Viewer)

Hello lads and greetings to everyone.As the title says im looking for a new spotting scope and im willing to spend maximum 300 euros.I found 2 scopes and would like your opinion on which one is better.

First one is Celestron Ultima 20-60x80 which costs 235 euros,and second one is Bresser Pirsch 20-75x100 which costs 311 euros.Now bresser is more expensive but i would like to know is it worth the price increase.Best regards and thank you.:t:

Hi and welcome to Birdforum, we hope you enjoy the site.
I have moved your thread to our spotting scope section... it's more likely to get responses for your question than the general 'say hello' forum.
Best regards.
Andy

I think a saw a second hand kowa tsn3 in the dealers thread a couple days ago for something in your budget,...also on ebay there is a nikon ED II straight with eyepiece for 145 pounds i think...those are better scopes that any budget scope you can find in that price range

I checked back..on the dealers thread in this forum,there is a kowa tsn3 with wide 30 x for 199 pounds..that is a scope worth each penny!..

Hi,

first of all, welcome to BF!

I second the TSN-3 - it's a gem of a scope and the 30 wide EP is the nicest from Kowa to bet had. You can later upgrade with an Opticron SDLv2 zoom EP which gives 18-52x mag and the combo is really sweet.

Joachim, whose TSN-3 and SDLv2 have so far kept me from upgrading... and I have looked through all the alphas.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back