• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It isn't all rain and strong winds (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

Well mostly it IS, or has been here for the last few days, but way back in the distant past (last Saturday) we actually had a quite nice day (apart from a shower or two) and I went out into the garden and took this.

Bill

Attachments

• DS chaffinch pr in cherry tree 021206 .jpg
    DS chaffinch pr in cherry tree 021206 .jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 42
Hi Bill Well we have had a very mixed bag of weather here in Liverpool, everything from gales and rain to lovely bright skies and even warm clear days. Its amazing Ruth and I are about 20 miles apart, but our weather appears to have been much warmer and brighter than hers. But thats England for you.
ours Peter

Hi Bill & All,
Lovely image Bill well done. The bare trees with the odd berries and blus skies are giving us a great opportunity to see and take pics of birds.
I'm up early to go out & see whats around, even cobwebs facinate me so I know I wont be dissapointed.

Bye for now all.

Very nice photo Bill :clap:

It's actually been very sunny with clear blue skies yesterday and today *so far LOL*
We've just had a clear night so, according to my hubby who's just finished nightshift, there was also a bit of a frost too!

I'm going to pop out soon and head for the coast and see what's about :bounce:

We've had a decent spell of sunshine the last few days but as the forecast for today wasn't so good. I got myself up and out with the dogs at 7:30 this morning while the weather was still ok. If I'd had my camera I could have had a great picture of the horizon before the sun rose.
The drawback of being out so early was the lack of light and I came across some birds that were up in the branches of a tree maybe 15 feet high. They had the shape of finches but with calls I'd not heard before so immediately thought of bramblings. I've not seen bramblings before so had no idea if the sounds being made were the correct ones. I've checked the calls and they seem to be the same but without seeing anything other than shapes it was a disappointment to say the least. Had I been at the other side of the trees then maybe there would have been enough light to have made something out. I think they'll have to remain a bogey bird for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back