• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cornwall Birding (3 Viewers)

am staying in Callington for a few days starting wednesday. any suggestions as to where to go for good birding please?

cheers

dave

The bittern shows in the southern cut-off best viewed from the southern causeway bu t park carefully as cars often race along here too fast. There is a hide but it's cbwps.

am staying in Callington for a few days starting wednesday. any suggestions as to where to go for good birding please?

cheers

dave

Sorry Dave. Didnt see this request in time to respond. Hope you had a good trip. If you need help in future feel free to contact me at Cornwall Birding.

Had a good trip to Norfolk on Saturday with Cornwall and Devon BF members. Thanks for your company guys, a good day had by all, me thinks. Obvious highlight was the WC Sparrow!
Fortunately we didnt miss anything good in Cornwall while we were away!

Good trip, flippin amazing! Norfolk rocked, although I must point out that Cornwall is better... (bet that's opened a can of worms!)
Thanks. Henerz.

Hi,

I'm going to be spending a few days in Cornwall next week. Can anybody recommend good birding sites within, say, an hour's drive of Newquay? Places with some non-birding interest would be particularly appreciated by my girlfriend...

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
Quiet here..
St Ives after the storm - huge amount of Shags off the harbour and a tired looking Glaucous Gull on Westcotts pier.

Attachments

• glauc westc.jpg
    glauc westc.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 62
I'd agree there Paul!
Don't know how these photographers do it. I've spent over 12 hours in that hide now and had 1 flight view and 1 distant on the deck view. I presume these shots have come from the bird being fairly close to the hide?

More migrants in the area with 5+ fresh Chiffchaffs singing away at College Reservoir this morning.

Thanks. Henerz.

Goose At Saltash

This Goose is still with the Swans at Saltash.is this a true Snow Goose or some kind of hybrid it has a black ring or maybe a cable tie on one leg.

Chris Buckland.

www.freewebs.com/tav94

Attachments

• S Goose0304_1.jpg
    S Goose0304_1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 74
What's the implication here? The hide is unlocked and open to everyone |:d|

As Paul has pointed out- the hides were locked with combo locks with the codes only available to CBWPS members. they're had been a lot of trouble with kids drinking in them in the evening, attempting to burn them down although as they are made of wood they must have been crap at lighting fires. definalty no Ray Mears skills. also i believe someone starting sleeping in them by night time. Technically the hides are still CBWPS members only, however i'm happy to leave them open for everyone to use however as soon as people start misbehaving it'll go back to the old set up. As its only £14 or 15 quid a year to join CBWPS there isnt really any excuse for cornish birders not to be members really.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back