• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Today was GREAT (1 Viewer)

UtahnBirder

Apparently two American Robins have decided to have a brood in my tree :)

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I didn't think it belonged in Nestboxes, because it isn't in a box!)

Is there anything special I should be doing to make sure they have the best time possible?

Also... I read that a brood is 3-5 eggs for a Robin, but we only have two in there! Is there something wrong or is it just an abnormality?

Maybe they were eaten. Humans letting their curiousity get the better of them and peeking into a nest is an easy way to attract the attention of predators.

Maybe they were eaten. Humans letting their curiousity get the better of them and peeking into a nest is an easy way to attract the attention of predators.

It can't be that. Nobody ever walks in our backyard but us, and I was the first in the family to look in the nest. There has been two all along. It may have layed more by now though, I just assumed they all came out at once. I'll go check :)

I would avoid checking the nest too often. It causes undue stress to the birds, and soon enough if all goes well you will be able to observe some cute fledglings flapping around

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back