• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WA State USA (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
Beautiful Sunny Day in the Northwest and grabbed a great shot of a Downy Woodpecker and a Bewick's Wren...Nice to have a day I could go out and not freeze my hands off taking shots...

Attachments

• Downy Woodpecker Rooks Feb 09.jpg
    Downy Woodpecker Rooks Feb 09.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Bewick Wren Rooks feb 09.jpg
    Bewick Wren Rooks feb 09.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 72
Looks you did have a great day! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy. Nice photos of the birds and like the framework. :)

Beautiful day for us too, 70 as a high and next week 60's then back to cold..UGH. I'm thankful for the nice weather though, makes for great birding. :)

Well well...sounds like you can enjoy a bit of birding in nice weather for awhile...I am jealous of the 70's...we had only in the 40's here but I'll take it. I thought I had some good photos, the woodpecker is a keeper for sure. I sat around for about an hour waiting for a wren shot too!... But that turned out fine. Sometimes you just have to 'wait' and be patient and the shots comes.

Hi, I thought maybe you had some nice warm weather too. We're getting close to when the weather starts changing. We may have two weeks of freezing cold, teens and 20's, and the next days after be in the 60's then back to cold. I had the perfect morning for birding, 60's when I woke up, no wind so the ponds and lake were like glass. Bad part is no ducks to be seen no where. None were at the usual daily areas. Hope the warmer weather didn't run them off, maybe they got up late this morning, I can only hope.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back