• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great dog walk this morning! (1 Viewer)

jasonbc

Wow, I have to say I am lucky to live within a half mile of one of the best birding sites in my area (the Los Gatos Percolation Ponds).

In our walk this morning, this is what I saw in a single pond in the same line of sight, all in plain view:

Common Merganser
American Coot
Canada Goose
Snowy Egret
Great Egret
Gadwall
Pied-Billed Grebe
Bufflehead

On other parts of the walk, I saw;

Mourning Dove
Rock Dove
Double Breasted Cormorant
Black Phoebe
Scrub Jay
Mute Swan (a rogue that showed up here about 6 months ago)
Mallard Duck
American Wigeon
Oregon Junco

Nothing too uncommon, but its fun to see so many different things on a 2 mile stroll.

Have a good day,
Jason

Having a morning stroll and spotting lots of stuff without really going for it is often the best way to enjoy birding. Glad you had fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back