• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Great Day Out at Vane Farm (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
After a long break from summer I returned to Vane Farm Nature Reserve it was great to be back I started by sorting out leaflets etc as I usually do and when I finished I looked through the telescope to see what was new funny to me there warn't many birds out there its usally filled with Coots etc but I didn't see a single Coot at all, I countined looking till I almost shouted WHOO HOO (of course I would have if I was on my own) but I wasn't I couldn't belive my eyes I saw a goose Ive always wanted to see and that was a Barnacle Goose I was soo happy I knew its name after seeing it on Birding With Bill Oddie there were lots of gesse out there aswell as the Barnacles there were Canada Geese and Greylag Gesse. there were lots of Buzzards around aswell and also saw a Periguine Falcon too it was a great day out went home with a smile on my face:t:

Last edited:
Good to share your joy Euan - being a bit of a geese lover myself - my dream is to see a wild snow goose- the I would go Whooo Hoo - no matter who was around!

Doug

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back