• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frampton marsh RSPB, Lincolnshire. (1 Viewer)

John Marshall

RSPB report this morning visit for Frampton Marsh reserve.

Black tailed godwit 2,000
Dunlin 2,000
Grey plover 890
Knot 300
Greenshank 137
Ruff 6
Curlew sandpiper 3+
Snipe 3
Common sandpiper 3
Spotted redshank 3
Whimbrel 1
Peregrine Adult female
Marsh harrier 1juv
Whinchat 2
Kingfisher 1

OnSaturday there was a Osprey at Freiston shore reserve.

Information passed to me via John Badley, Sites manager.

Hi John,

Could you possibly give the location of Frampton, either by grid reference or local towns?

Thanks

Hi Birdman,

Grid reference for Frampton Marsh RSPB is:- TF 366384.
Boston is the nearest town and Frampton marsh lies
approx 3 miles SE. From Boston take A16 to Kirton, left at Kirton to Frampton Village, past Moores Arms public house, carry straight on to Frampton marsh some signposts are shown, end up at sea wall. Incidentally the reserve manager informed me that these numbers were seen at high water this morning.

Much appreciated John,

Things are a bit frantic for one reason or another, but I'll try and see if I can fit a visit in over the weekend.

:t:

John

Was with "eagle eyes" John and about fourteen or so other birdwatchers on Saturday morning at Freiston shore. He spots and identifies anything long before any one else does. The Osprey was out to sea flying south but we all had good view through 'scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back