• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cycling around the rivers(Belgium) (1 Viewer)

Raydes

Dinosaur in action
Hi all,

I just had a super day of Birding-Cycling.
Touring around with some stops at local patches around the river Rupel and river Schelde.
Situated halfway to the south between Antwerp & Brussels
Between 10:30AM and 18:00PM resulted in the following.
12 Common Buzzard/ 2 Sparrowhawk/2 Honey Buzzard/5 Hobby (3in one group)2 Kestrel/1 Peregrine/1 Marsh Harrier and 1 super Osprey.
4 Kingfisher and lots of other goodies.
The only thing that was important for this succes,is the guidance of my Lady, she was always watching the other cyclist around us to make me aware when they where in front or coming from behind me, because I had only Eye for the skies.

Happy regards,

Raymond, Belgium:hippy:

Sounds like you had a great day,been to Belgium several times cycling a much underrated country in my opinion great food,great beer and with coffee verkeer the finest coffee I've ever tasted. Next time I go by the sounds of things I Should go birding.

What a lovely day you had!

Hope you'll think about doing a similar bird/bike ride for the GGBC -- we'd love to have Belgium represented! You can find full details on the Member's Notice Board.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back