• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help anybody know if this is the older model or newer of B&L Discoverer ? pix inside (1 Viewer)

marinemaster

Help anybody know if this is the older model or newer of B&L Discoverer ? pix inside

Hi,

I cannot tell if these are the newer model or the older model. Newer model like in phase coating.

Thanks

Attachments

• B&L 7x42.JPG
    B&L 7x42.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 148
I did and the reply was they are from 2002 but I don't know when the cutoff was between the old model and newer model with phase coating.

I would think they would have the latest coatings since in 2004 Bushnell had to stop using the Bausch & Lomb name when the license agreement expired. I would think the box would say. The Discoverers were a step bewtween the Elites and Legends, both of which were phase coated.

If you can get a shot of the side of the box, it should say it has PC-3 coatings. I bought a new 7x at Christophers in Jun 03 and it had both PC-3 & rainguard. I believe the last non-PC glasses were made in 2000 and were probably in dealers' stocks until late 01/early 02. Also, that bino looks almost unused, should be a small gold diamond-shaped tag that will say whether of not it has PC. Ask the owner to ck on that.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back