• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Victory 7x42 FL T* - used price? (1 Viewer)

Vespobuteo

What would a reasonable used price be for these be?
optics are perfect (no scratches etc), exterior looks good, but some signs or use
obviously, being 10 years old. (In original box.)

Vespo,

I owned three pairs of those "back in the day"...just because I loved (yes I used that word in reference to a binocular) them so much. Used/demo prices back then were between $900 and $1100 US. Not sure how that would translate now or in reference to your currency but it should give you some place to start. Keep in mind that the 7x42 is unique for a variety of reasons...being the most optically advanced 7X roof Zeiss has produced, being the last 7x Zeiss has produced and having the wider than average field of view for a 7x roof.

Hope this helps.

Keep them. You won't find a better 7x42; even today with the new Leica and Nikon 7x42s. And no matter what the owners of the 7x42 BGAT Classic WPs say!

Bob

Last edited:
Keep them. You won't find a better 7x42; even today with the new Leica and Nikon 7x42s. And no matter what the owners of the 7x42 BGAT Classic WPs say!

Bob

probably not,
they definitively have their qualities,
but not sure yet how much usage they will have now
with another pair of bins in the house,

Vespo,

I owned three pairs of those "back in the day"...just because I loved (yes I used that word in reference to a binocular) them so much. Used/demo prices back then were between $900 and $1100 US. Not sure how that would translate now or in reference to your currency but it should give you some place to start. Keep in mind that the 7x42 is unique for a variety of reasons...being the most optically advanced 7X roof Zeiss has produced, being the last 7x Zeiss has produced and having the wider than average field of view for a 7x roof.

Hope this helps.

yes, it might well be the last 7x Zeiss ever will produce!

I have always sold my older bins when upgrading,
but sometimes I regret it, but the good environmental/resource aspect of reuse
is at least some comfort.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back