• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 4500 settings (1 Viewer)

Rooster

Hi All
Is there anyone out there who can help me with the best ASA setting for Nikon 4500? 100 or 200? when I am digiscoping clamped onto Leica 62mm. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Hi Rooster,
Welcome to birdforums from all the moderators and admin staff.
I have moved this post from 'member's notices' to the relevant forum.
Ideally, you will always have the camera set on iso100 setting (auto will do). This setting produces the highest quality images... moving up to iso200 will give slightly less impressive results, but certainly acceptable to many. The benefit of going to a higher iso setting is that it will increase the sensitivity of the camera's ccd device (the part that captures the image)... the benefit to the user is that iso200 will allow you to double the shutter-speed from the 100 setting. iso 400 will double that of the 200 setting (and so on for iso800). The quality decrease as you go up.

When the light is bad and you can only get a slow shutter-speed on iso 100 .... then it's time to move up. A fast shutter-speed is everything in digiscoping (and bird photography in general).
Regards,
Andy
btw: Please read your private messages (pm's)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back