• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 4500 - Flash (2 Viewers)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
4500-flash

On the subject of the 4500,why does the flash keep popping up,even though I am taking pics in broad daylight.I do often take pics that are a distance away,and try to bring the object as close as possible.So i move the zoom button
across.Sometimes the bracket lights up yellow.Is that because the object is too far away to be focussed properly.But the flash keeps popping up constantly.the setting is one fine,and i leave it on auto,although I have read conflicting reports re macro,and infinitive.
Christine.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.... you do realise that you can switch the flash off, even in the very restrictive full auto mode? It's the button on top of the lens side of the camera, just cycle through the various flash options (they have their own icons on the lcd, top righthand side).... you want the one with the flash symbol in a circle.

What bracket lights up yellow? A camera shake warning pops up in the lcd when the camera thinks the shutter-speed is too low to get a sharp image.
Regards,
Andy

Christeen,

I think the yellow you are refering to is the zoom setting. Once you excede the optical zoom range of the lense you move on to digital zoom. When you go into digital zoom the indicator moves from white to yellow.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back