• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got a new monopod (1 Viewer)

Stephen Mark

In an effort to get better with my Panasonic FZ200 I bought a new mono pod and head . I really like the camera but it is very hard to hold steady when I have it zoomed past about 300mm or so. Went with the Induro AM 24 pod and a Promaster MH 02 head. Yesterday was very overcast here with on and off rain but test shots at full Zoom were much better than I can due freehand. The aluminum version was .2 pound heavier and seventy dollars cheaper than carbon fiber and the head is solid with an Acra-Swiss quick release plate. Comes with it's own belt holster and with camera the rig weighs just over three pounds. I have two Induro tripods now and one big point was the twist locks, I didn't want flip locks on a mono pod as they are just one more thing to catch on brush or weeds. Working very well so far.
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back