• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old Zeiss Jenas worth repairing? (1 Viewer)

shaocaholica

I've got an old pair of CZJ 8x30 IF that needs to be relubed and I'm tempted to get the leather fixed (big hole) and re-finished but I'm not sure if these are really worth the trouble. They don't seem to be very rare.

Anyone know a good repair guy this kind of work?

They are not rare, that is true. In germany they sell all lot of them in various conditions. If you like them they are nice to collect. But today, there are much better bins to use !!!
In germany i know people who repairs old czj. Too much shipping costs for you, i think.
I`m sure there are people in americfa who can repair this binocular , but i don`t think it is not worth (without seeing the bin).

I have bought a czj(a delitrem) for a bit more than 100 dollars in nearly perfect condition.

Last edited:
I've got an old pair of CZJ 8x30 IF that needs to be relubed and I'm tempted to get the leather fixed (big hole) and re-finished but I'm not sure if these are really worth the trouble. They don't seem to be very rare.

Anyone know a good repair guy this kind of work?

Try
http://suddarthoptical.com/index.html
and

http://www.nrcoptics.com/

but 'phone or email for an estimate and mention the leather problem, as well. It might cost more than the binocular is worth but it may be repaired as good as new.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur

I have a couple of really old no name binoculars. I view the wear and tears as part of their history. Keeping them in their current condition is preserving a part of history. Just my $0.02

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back