• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help (1 Viewer)

kcaito89

I have a blue jay nest in my yard. One baby was on ground yesterday. Another on ground today. I went out to check and the one from yesterday is dead. No marks. I don't think the mother was feeding it. I feel horrible. Looked around the yard - found the other one quite a ways away from where it started. There are two more in the nest. They have all their feathers. I didn't try to put the little guy back in his nest yesterday because I thought he was ready! I am devestated he didn't make it. The other one looks strong, but I don't know if a night away from the rest of them will kill him too! The parents are around and protective. I just haven't witnessed them feeding on the ground.

I know, from your previous posts, you are not trying to interfere and that's a good thing ;)

This is some of the raw moments we come across in nature. Unless you see a cat or a visible danger, I would leave it alone. As you said, the parents appear to be quite vigilant.

Now, I'm going to move your thread to the Birds & Birding section.

Scratch that. I've moved it to the Garden Birds section but have subscribed you to it so you don't lose track of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back