• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House martin nests (1 Viewer)

lazza

Has anyone had any luck with putting up House Martin nest boxes? I've seen them advertised - a sort of shelf with a man made, moulded nest, that you fit just below the eaves.

There are few houses locally where martins nest on the burglar alarm box, but ours is positioned quite low, so not up near the eaves, so I thought I might get myself a man-made one for next spring....

Any thoughts?

A natural scientific institution in my area had a lot of them on their building with many regular breeding pairs. This spring the federal state government had to restore the building and the nests where transfered before the arrival of the birds in the spring to the adjacent boathouse. The house martins where only confused the first three days but did succesfully breed then on the new place.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back