• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski ATX owners - what adaptors are you using? (1 Viewer)

I'm curious to know which smartphone adaptors people are using the Swarovski ATX scopes.

I was hoping to get a universal one so as to not have to take the regular case off my phone and swap it over to the adaptor's one, however it seems Opticron's universal adaptor doesn't work with ATX and Novagrade only works by twisting the eyecup out, creating more vignetting and meaning you have to use digital zoom more to overcome it.

I'd love to know others' experiences with the Novagrade and ATX, or other adaptors, particularly if they are universal ones!

I know this is an old post, but as I'm facing the same question, I thought it would be better joining in :)
I cannot find good info about the Novagrade adapters on ATX scopes while I would love to hear about someone's experience with it. I like the relatively simpel, compact and well conceived design of the Novagrade and am considering it for my ATX.
Here I read it requires twisting out the eyecup (removing or extending?), and elsewhere on the web that it wouldn't fit and somewhere else that it is a hard fit, but without any further e planation, pictures of the setup etc.
Has anyone tried this combination or is anyone using it?

I'm using the Swarovski Variable Phone Adapter for my STX. So far so good

Thank you for the info!
Could you comment on how tight it fits on the scope’s eyepiece? (Tight enough to confidently correct the scope’s orientation trusting it won’t fall off? Enough to keep the smartphone flat against the eyepiece without play? )

In the meantime, I have made a small adapter for a compact kind of action camera (recently posted in a separate thread), even lighter than a smartphone, but am thinking on how to improve the fit and still having to look for an adapter for my phone (either commercial like the VPA, or self-made like for the action camera).

Thank you for the info!
Could you comment on how tight it fits on the scope’s eyepiece? (Tight enough to confidently correct the scope’s orientation trusting it won’t fall off? Enough to keep the smartphone flat against the eyepiece without play? )

In the meantime, I have made a small adapter for a compact kind of action camera (recently posted in a separate thread), even lighter than a smartphone, but am thinking on how to improve the fit and still having to look for an adapter for my phone (either commercial like the VPA, or self-made like for the action camera).

Yeah it fits nicely with the VPA on the eyepiece. There's a vignetting at 30x on the STX/ATX 95mm. Can eliminate with zooming the eyepiece or from the phone itself.

The moon shots was taken with Huawei P10 Mate Pro with VPA on 30x https://www.instagram.com/jasonbugayreyes/

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back