• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is it worth posting this? (1 Viewer)

froggy2

Is it worth posting, and if so, where ?
I know Pied Wagtails are common, but to watch them in your garden is really nice. We’ve had a couple visiting for a few weeks, but the other day I noticed a strange bird sitting in a bush just outside the conservatory. It was like a Pied Wagtail, but with a really short tail. I realised it was a juvenile, probably just out of the nest.
So, camera out, took a few pics, and then a parent flies in, drops some food in the open beak, and goes. I did get a few photos each time this occurred, but the light wasn’t too good and the flying parent was always blurred. I decided to settle down with the camera in video mode, and managed three clips that show it all. One is particularly interesting because it seems as though the parent is trying to persuade the juvenile to move on. In the end the youngster got fed.
I had to leave a little later, and on my return it was gone.
For me, the first time in my life I have seen a Pied Wagtail feeding its young, and it will probably be the last.
So, is it worth posting a link to YouTube where the clip is presently residing?

froggy2,

people aren´t allways aware of every thread here in the forum (I´m most actice in the ID- subforum). Don´t know why you wrote it´s most likely the last time to see this obersvation. I´m also familiar with feeding Wagtails as they aren´t rare here but I like to see other birders results. So please don´t hesitate to share your video!

Maybe it would be best just to post the link another time? Remember Birdforum TV too! Nice video.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back