• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (3 Viewers)

Becouse it is very important post for me, I'm going to write as:
Good night (in Poland is 10pm)!

This duck is Anas discors

Last edited:
ive been wondering why none of my buddies have been online, and i just remembered, its 6 hours earlier where i live!!!!!!!!!!!11 its 11:00 in the morning as im posting this, so yall are probably asleep now!

wiktoria, also a way to practice iding birds of the US is to go to
www.cfo-link.org which will take you to the colorado field ornithologists homepage. they have a quizz every week. some of the photos are really hard, others are easy. i used to do it for awhile and its fun.

And don't forget the American Birding Association's quiz (http://www.americanbirding.org/photoquiz/) which currently seems to have a usually non-ABA bird up for guessing. But you can always look at the other fifty-odd quizes in the Past Quizzes archive, and figure them out yourself (answer is at bottom of writing that begins under photo in green, right before the list of correct answerers).

By the way, who started page 37?

Last edited:
37 is an insignifigant number. its odd and deserves no recognition. haha! as soon as i get back home, im gonna get back to posting here like crazy. remember when i was doing about 16 posts per day? so im betting ill get us all to 100 but really guys, lets get back to birds, not how many pages were takin up, K?

so, do bf and bebirder and owltalon get together to go on birding trips every so often? it would be so neat if all the young birders could get together and take a birding trip somewhere.

im betting ill get us all to 100 but really guys, lets get back to birds, not how many pages were takin up, K?

oh, we'll see about that! }:) Anway back to birding, yesterday I get a new lifer after not seeing one for weeks! looked up on the powerline (at my house) and there was a yellow-throated warbler! Now, I have a question for you guys! What is the latest you have seen a yellow-rumped warbler still hanging around before moving on? I almost rubbed my eyes when I saw a female last week! Why is this straggler still here?

well aren't you something.....wait......heres 50 cents.....call somebody who cares! No just joking! congrats on the lifer! :t: Thanks for posting a reply to my question I was thinking that maybe the bird was inexperienced or weak and tired like you said.

fine, ill just pm someone who actually cares!!! like owltalon or birderbf or tim!!!!! why must you hurt me in such ways!!! *sniff, sniff* *sob, sob*
haha just kidding!! yeah, and at the same place the previous day i got another lifer, common redstart!

Bobby, YRWA breed in low numbers in NC, so I wouldn't be surprised that you've seen one around. Here's the BBS map: http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i6550id.html

I just back from SW AZ north of Yuma. I didn't get any life birds, but we banded a couple Gilded Flickers and several Screech-Owls, which was awesome. Possibly the highlight of the trip was banding bats. We got about 20 individuals of 3 species. Lots of herps around as well, and I got a lifer.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back