• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (5 Viewers)

Who votes "yes" to me making my own photo quiz??? *everybody else has one!*

Hey why not? And to makee things more interesting, try to think of some idea that will make the quiz unique. Like, teamsaint used to take tiny little bits of a picture (often just a beak visible) and made people ID it from that. Mine is based on the idea that my pictures were posted without any photoshop doing (except shrinking of course). And it can be extremely difficult! Just wait 'till #14 comes around - you'll see what I mean!!

On this wonderful day of my birthday I decided to take a walk down the local beach to check up on the nesting Piping Plovers. I was able to find two fledglings with their parents. Every year about eight pairs nest here, and this year the Fish and Wildlife Service did some habitat restoration, and it seems to have helped increase the population a little. I also saw numerous Common Terns, several Least Terns, and a Bank Swallow

Happy Birthday to me!

On this wonderful day of my birthday I decided to take a walk down the local beach to check up on the nesting Piping Plovers. I was able to find two fledglings with their parents. Every year about eight pairs nest here, and this year the Fish and Wildlife Service did some habitat restoration, and it seems to have helped increase the population a little. I also saw numerous Common Terns, several Least Terns, and a Bank Swallow

Happy Birthday to me!

Congrats on the boids, and happy birthday!

Hey everyone!

Just got my picture taken for our local newspaper. I won the bird contest in my town with 72 species. I got these really nice 8x42 bushnell binocs, and they are water proof! Now I have three pairs of binocs lol

All the birds are is the 'lets make babies mode' so not that many birds are out in the open in my property. But I did see a Nashville Warbler along with all the common Chipping Sparrows, Dark-Eyed Juncos, Mountain and Black-Capped Chickadees, Veerys, Pine Siskins, Warbling Vireos, American Robins, Common Ravens, Cedar Waxwings, and some other ones.

Happy B-day bebirder!

I hope the chat room comes soon.....

BC

Hey everyone!

Just got my picture taken for our local newspaper. I won the bird contest in my town with 72 species. I got these really nice 8x42 bushnell binocs, and they are water proof! Now I have three pairs of binocs lol

All the birds are is the 'lets make babies mode' so not that many birds are out in the open in my property. But I did see a Nashville Warbler along with all the common Chipping Sparrows, Dark-Eyed Juncos, Mountain and Black-Capped Chickadees, Veerys, Pine Siskins, Warbling Vireos, American Robins, Common Ravens, Cedar Waxwings, and some other ones.

Happy B-day bebirder!

I hope the chat room comes soon.....

BC

Congrats! I knew you'd make it. :t:

okee dokee!! the thing everyones been waiting for!!!!! my complete european list!!!! i know its measly but ive only been in europe 2 weeks of my life. the * means the bird is a lifer. theyare listed in the order that i saw them.

Rock Pigeon
Common Raven
Common Blackbird*
European Nightjar*
House Sparrow
White Wagtail*
Mallard
Great tit*
Black Redstart*
Carrion Crow*
Barn Swallow
Common Swift*
Crag Martin*
Eurasian Jay*
Willow Tit*
Black-billed Magpie
European Serin*
Redwing*
Common Kestrel*
Marsh Tit*
House Martin*
Greater Spotted Woodpecker*
Chiffchaff*
Blackcap*
Alpine Chough*
European Starling
Dunnock*
Coal Tit*
Chaffinch*
Greenfinch*
Italian Sparrow* (hybrid or separate species? currently unknown)
Spotted Flycatcher*
Water Pipit*
Wallcreeper*
Ring Ouzel*
Eurasian Treecreeper*
Snowfinch*
Grey Heron*
Eurasian Goldfinch*
Crested Tit*
European Robin*
Nuthatch*
Great Crested Grebe*
Blue Tit*
Common Redstart*
Pied Flycatcher*
Marsh Warbler*

Okay i think thats 47 total, and 40 lifers. remember about a month ago when we still had the chat room and bet on how many lifers id get? well, i never did get to 100 cuz we couldnt go far cuz we didnt rent a car. who was it that said id get 40? it was either cjwolf or BC birder...

I was in new york on tuesday at the kennedy airport. were you at the airport? cuz i might have seen you. anyways, im back home! happy B-day bebirder!!!!!!!!!!
how old now?
Yes, I was at this airport ;)

I saw my first american birds today

American Robin
Purple Finch
Mourning Doves
Grackle Boat-tailed/Common? - Do you know?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 45
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 55
..and gulls and cormorants

but I don't know what're the sorts :(

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 59
Thats a common grackle. congrats on the birds! cute squirell there also. :)
looks like the dove is a juvenile.

if there was a chance you saw me and i saw you, i was in gate 55 to Dallas. i was wearing a long sleeved dark green and brown shirt and khaki shorts. also i probably smelled like crap cuz i hadnt showered in two days!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back