• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (3 Viewers)

Looks like a juvenile wood thrush too because of the pink gape and short tail!

That's certainly most possible, because Wood Thrush do nest in the park in small numbers. I actually saw one of their nests in the egg-sitting stage, so I'm glad a few have fledged and made it!

Well, germany was our big vacatoin trip of the year, but as we always do, were driving up to ruidoso, NM to stay at my grandparents cabin. along the way were gonna stop at bitter lake NWR!!!!! The last time i went, it was migration, and there were lotsa lotsa shorebirds. and my dad is going to colorado to see my older half-brother and im probaly going with him. Are there any special birds in colorado?

im sure yall should know since yall have photo quizzes. well im trying to make my quiz. i clicked the attachments button (paperclip) and chose a jpg picture. i clicked upload and... nothing happens. any ideas of whats going on. is there a subforum i can post this on that has to do with help on bf?

im sure yall should know since yall have photo quizzes. well im trying to make my quiz. i clicked the attachments button (paperclip) and chose a jpg picture. i clicked upload and... nothing happens. any ideas of whats going on. is there a subforum i can post this on that has to do with help on bf?

Well if it's 800x800 pixels or smaller, the name will appear in the pop-up window, then when you're done you just close the window and it's attachted.

I live in DFW. Too bad. :( ....you say you saw a Gila WP in TX!? How in the world?

it was about a yr and a half ago... i was in snyder, texas (extreme west) on my way to NM. it was about 7 in da morning. I was birding around the hotel i was staying at (the purple sage) which is very birdy. In a mesquite tree there it was, preening its feathers. It had a completely brown head, which means: a female gila woodpecker. anyways i didnt have my camera w/ me :C :-C

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back