• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (3 Viewers)

ALMOST done packing. Then its on the road for 7-8 weeks, with limited phone access to friends and new girlfriend (Sorry guys, not a birder sadly, but a nature-lover). It's going to be an AMAZING trip though! Really one of my best trips ever! Besides, I'll have all of August to hang out with friends! Looking forward to many many lifers. TEN MORE to 300!! I'll surpass that with ease. And then Florida this October.......is 350 all that ambitious for a year goal? Seemed impossible back in January, but now....Opinions?

congrats on the new girlfriend! :-O !!!!!:t: :t: :t: :t:

at least one of us is having luck!!! All the ones i know dont even know waht nature is!!!

Have fun on your trip and congrats on the girl Owltalon! I have my eye on one myself.... ;) :flowers:

BTW SP: You should be honored to have been insulted by the great Sibley! :storm:

Well guys I am logging out for the night! Got a long hot day of work ahead of me! Good night!

Yesterday I was in Jamaica Bay. Great place! I have to go there again |;| I saw:

Red-winged Blackbird
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Eastern Towhee
Gray Catbird
American Goldfinch
Yellow Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
House Wren
Tree Swallow
American Robin
House Finch

Osprey
Black-crowned Night Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Little Blue Heron
Glossy Ibis
American Oystercatcher
Mute Swan
Canada Goose
American Black Duck
Gadwall
Common Tern
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Laughing Gull
Double-crested Cormorant

My life list now: 148
|=)|

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 893
  • 22.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 908
  • 15.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 879
  • 27.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 910
  • 28.JPG
    0 bytes · Views: 765
I'm baaaaaack!

Ok here goes my congratulating in chronological order:

BC on your first Oporonis I assume?
Owltalon on the gal and the trip. It'll be the day when young birding girls are abundant, eh? So keep tabs on the ones you know ;)

So I'm back from Ithaca. Couple new year birds for those who care, bunch new friends, and a whole lot of fun working with Tree and Bank Swallows. If any of you happen to wake up in the middle of the night tonight, remember that somewhere a bunch of college students are bracing another on a ladder on the side of a sand bank. I wish them luck catching and banding them!

Oh yeah, I got to trap and band me first bird, a Tachycenta bicolor, and also handle eggs and chicks. Finally saw some empids (Willow, I presume, and Least) and also saw an Eastern Meadowlark in the immediate area around the field station. Great fun, something to think about when the years of college roll around!

birderbf, congratulation new year birds!

In Central Park I saw today my first Cardinals and I saw Blue Jay too.

Are Red-tailed Hawks (Pale Male and Lola) on 5 AV now? I didn't saw their today .

Attachments

• 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 30.JPG
    30.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 72
birderbf, congratulation new year birds!

In Central Park I saw today my first Cardinals and I saw Blue Jay too.

Are Red-tailed Hawks (Pale Male and Lola) on 5 AV now? I didn't saw their today .

Hmmm that's their nest alright. I've seen Pale Male once or twice hunting over the middle of central park (in the Ramble area) but I don't know how much he's sticking to his nest anymore. He's getting old, and he hasn't reared chicks in the past two years.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back