• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (2 Viewers)

Well Igot back from N. Idaho last week, over a cool trip, I spent a lot of time watching talks (it was the Cooper Ornithological Society's annual meeting) But I managed 1 lifer: Vaux's Swift. I also saw lots of Grasshopper Sparrows, Chestnut-backed Chickadees, Pygmy Nuthatches, a dippers, and found the tree a Varied Thrush was singing in, unfortunately I couldn't get a look. They're shy and like to sing from th tops of huge trees. Too bad because they are awesome birds.

Well Igot back from N. Idaho last week, over a cool trip, I spent a lot of time watching talks (it was the Cooper Ornithological Society's annual meeting) But I managed 1 lifer: Vaux's Swift. I also saw lots of Grasshopper Sparrows, Chestnut-backed Chickadees, Pygmy Nuthatches, a dippers, and found the tree a Varied Thrush was singing in, unfortunately I couldn't get a look. They're shy and like to sing from th tops of huge trees. Too bad because they are awesome birds.

Cole! Long time no see. Sounds like fun! Didn't know the Chestnut-backed Chikadees were in Idaho... never associated Idaho with coniferous rainforests, or at least, their preferred habitat.

Wow, great Cole! Got a whole buncha birds I've never even had the opportunity to see!
BUT, tomorrow I am going for Black Rail and then Red-cockaded Woodpecker on Sunday. I'm in coastal NC so there are awesome bird here... Summer Tanagers, Prothonotary Warblers, etc., and even Swainson's Warbler are all not too hard to find. It's so much fun!

Well ID doesn't have true temperate rainforests, but it does have fairly wet old-growth forests (lots of moss) I actually managed to catch a CBCH. Unfortunately I struck out for grouse (Spruce and Ruffed were my target birds), but I still ended up with about 80 species in ID and 30 species in WA.

Good luck with your birds Sean, I've yet to make it out to the east coast so I'm still missing quite a few o your birds. I have Black Rail, but heard only (1st NM record B :) ) BTW, I think I voted for you "advisor" in Veracruz last October.

temarate rainforest happens to be my fave habitat besides alpine tundra. alaska has awesome temp rainforests and alpine tundra. i guess thats y i want to live there wen i grow up

Guess who needs to be congratulated on their 900th post???????????????? :t: :t: :t: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats - almost 1000. I wonder how many days it would take for SP's average post-per-day number to go down to 1? Did I say days?!

David, congratulation!

29.06, Downtown New York:
Ring-billed gull

30.06, Central Park:
Downy Woodpecker (lifer :-O)
Blue Jay
Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbirds
Mourning Doves
American Robins
Common Grackles

Double-crested Cormorant

Attachments

• 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 68
David, congratulation!

29.06, Downtown New York:
Ring-billed gull

30.06, Central Park:
Downy Woodpecker (lifer :-O)
Blue Jay
Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbirds
Mourning Doves
American Robins
Common Grackles

Double-crested Cormorant

You must come out to Jones Beach on a weekday. The Piping Plovers are waiting for you!

On a weekend there are a lot of people :p
QUOTE]

Exactly! Go on a weekday so you can have the plover and terns to yourself.

Luckily Jamaica Bay is never crowded with people - who would wan to go near that dump besides birds and birders??

id wanna go to that dump!!! you forgot to say something else besides birds and birders. i fall under neither of those categories, for i am a SUPERBIRDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolololol

id wanna go to that dump!!! you forgot to say something else besides birds and birders. i fall under neither of those categories, for i am a SUPERBIRDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolololol

Right. Well superbirders don't go there, like I said, they have better places to be (i.e. Papua New Guinea, getting eaten by cannibals ;)).

Got my life Curlew Sandpiper today. I should have seen one during the WSB at Heislerville, but unfortunately we missed it. Well, I got my revenge!;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back