• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little Bunting, Gulval (1 Viewer)

mallingbirder

Hi all, down in Cornwall over Easter and fancy my chances with the Little Bunting at Gulval (if it's still there?!). Can anyone let me know grid ref for it's favoured spot, or pass on any tips that will be give me the best chance of success?

Thanks in advance

Little Bunting

Hi all, down in Cornwall over Easter and fancy my chances with the Little Bunting at Gulval (if it's still there?!). Can anyone let me know grid ref for it's favoured spot, or pass on any tips that will be give me the best chance of success?

Thanks in advance

Follow the star, see attachment to a weedy corner of a cauliflower field, just enter field at beginning of footpath.
Last reported about a week ago……

good luck

Attachments

• Little Bunting.jpg
    Little Bunting.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 77
Hi Tony

I did a 30-40 min sortie this morning (07:15-07:45ish) around the area in Gulval you indicated, but as you hinted, no sign of the Little Bunting. A few Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Wren and overhead Raven. I did check some 'weedy' fields further east with no success. I popped down to Marazion and Long Rock to see if anything was on the sea, but only 2x Wheatear on the rocks at Long Rock car park. Later had 3x Purple Sandpiper on rocks St Ives Island and 6x Sandwich Tern fishing in the area.

Thanks again

Adam

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back