• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap adapter for Zeiss Diascope 85? (1 Viewer)

Newky

Hi all I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to being a part of the community.

I've just obtained a Carl Zeiss Diascope 85 T* FL (20-75x lens), the new model, and am looking to set up a digiscoping system with it.
I want to spend about 200-300 on both a P&S camera and the adapter. I think I'm set on a Nikon P310 (230 or so) but I don't want to shell out 400 for the 'Zeiss quick camera adapter', seeing as all it does it hold the camera steady.

Anyone have any ideas for a cheap adapter for this setup? A universal mount or even home made...

Many thanks!

We've used an SRB-Griturn digiscoping alignment collar with a Zeiss zoom eyepiece for several years, with good results. They set up fast with a small digital camera, and are inexpensive. We still use a Fuji F30, but you may want to check the postings about the Canon S95 (replaced this year with the S100).

Mike

We've used an SRB-Griturn digiscoping alignment collar with a Zeiss zoom eyepiece for several years, with good results. They set up fast with a small digital camera, and are inexpensive. We still use a Fuji F30, but you may want to check the postings about the Canon S95 (replaced this year with the S100).

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for this.

I notice they're custom made made, any idea of the cost of getting one of them made?

Do they allow for undisturbed zooming of the eyepiece with the aligner and camera attached?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back