• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brand New Bird Lover Signing In ... (1 Viewer)

Hi Wasaga Mouse,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Admin and Moderators. I hope you enjoy your time with us. Everyone here is friendly and helpful - I am sure you will get some good advice on what to put in your birdfeeder. Here in the UK I put out sunflower seed and get finches on feeders.

Howdy. I'm a retired natural resources manager. I was involved in the birdstrike program for over 30 years. Now I travel and write poetry and travel articles.
carl

Wasaga Mouse said:
Hi, I'm a newbie. I want to attract finches to my birdfeeder so will be on this forum looking for helpful ideas.
Hello and welcome from a fellow Canadian up at the other end of the province! :)
I found the best way to attract finches to your feeders is to put out black oil sunflower seed. It's tiny for them as they have small beaks and cannot break open large seeds. I keep large seeds for the grosbeaks who live up to their names!
Finches also like small feeders, preferably tube style.
Hope this helps. Enjoy your time here! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back