• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minolta 7d and 200-500 Tamron (1 Viewer)

digimad

Anybody using the Minolta 7d and 200-500 Tamron for Bird Photography?
Any Opinions would be most welcome.

Regards Digimad

I use that lens, but on a Nikon D70.

All pictures in my gallery (except Blue Tit) were taken using this combination, take a look:

My Gallery

As for the lens? I love it. No regrets.

rezMole and Mike Pennington, Thank you, You have Great Pictures to be proud of, Just a couple of questions, rezMole the Tamron 200-500 Lens how is it when Hand Held at the 500 end of it's range? Mike the Minolta 7d do you have to adjust many Images from the camera or is it fairly consistent in it's exposures ?

Regards Digimad

digimad said:
rezMole and Mike Pennington, Thank you, You have Great Pictures to be proud of, Just a couple of questions, rezMole the Tamron 200-500 Lens how is it when Hand Held at the 500 end of it's range? Mike the Minolta 7d do you have to adjust many Images from the camera or is it fairly consistent in it's exposures ?

Regards Digimad

Exposure looks very good to me. Maybe slightly on the dark side at times but they make nice intense saturated images. Only had it a few weeks and still playing with the settings.

Minolta 7d

Thanks for your Opinion,The AS as well, puts this in good stead coupled with the Tamron 200-500 Lens. Spring is on it's way although it don't look like it at the moment! Birds Singing, sunshine,A Few Warbler Pics,Bring it on!

Thanks Digimad

Another Dynax 7D & Tamron user

digimad said:
Anybody using the Minolta 7d and 200-500 Tamron for Bird Photography?
Any Opinions would be most welcome.

Regards Digimad
I've just got hold of the Tamron lens and am off to Minsmere this Sunday to test it. I love the ability of the 7D to allow hand held pictures at 500mm in bright sunlight.

Hope you had a good day!

Leicaman said:
I've just got hold of the Tamron lens and am off to Minsmere this Sunday to test it. I love the ability of the 7D to allow hand held pictures at 500mm in bright sunlight.

Hi Leicaman, Just read your post, Minsmere a good place with those hides close to the scrapes like that, How was it? Let us know how you got on.

Regards Digimad.

digimad said:
Hi Leicaman, Just read your post, Minsmere a good place with those hides close to the scrapes like that, How was it? Let us know how you got on.

Regards Digimad.
Cloudy, so some of my pictures came out dull. A quick dose of Paintshop Pro 9 improved them. All pictures taken from the east hide. No birds really close but the best three pictures are on my Gallery. http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/11164/cat/500

Regards Leicaman (another Essex birder)

Well Done!

Leicaman said:
Cloudy, so some of my pictures came out dull. A quick dose of Paintshop Pro 9 improved them. All pictures taken from the east hide. No birds really close but the best three pictures are on my Gallery. http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/11164/cat/500

Regards Leicaman (another Essex birder)

Good Pictures Leicaman, I think both the camera and lens are a good combination and your pics show that, Well done.

Regards Digimad.

Another 7D owner

Mike Pennington said:
I have the Minolta D7 and its an amazing piece of kit. Use it with a Sigma 400mm and a Sigma 100-300mm at the moment.

My gallery photos either old scans from Africa or recent stuff taken with the D7.

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/10291

Mike,
I have had my K/M 7D for several months now and am very pleased. I'm using a Sigma 400mm APO also and I find that it is adequately sharp, especially when stopped down. How does your Sigma 400 lens compare to your 100-400mm zoom that you took to Panama? I especially liked your canopy pictures of the toucans that you took with that lens.
Thanks,
Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back