• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

5D mirror slap (1 Viewer)

jdbirdman

John Dempsey (jdbirdman)
Just invested in a 5D has any of you 10D or 20D uses bought a 5D?

If so do any of you notice a difference in noice from the mirro slap. I wasn't for one minute expecting silence when i pressed the shutter but blimey it clonks like a zenith.

Pics are excellent, i must say with great natural colour tones but can anyone tell me if they notice the mirror slap being more clunky than the 10 or 20D. Or do i have a the misfortune of having a faulty 5D
cheers
John

Thanks Norm
seems there is a difference of opinion going on about thie subject Will have to go try a model out in a shop somewhere and compare it with my own.
cheers. More opinions welcome of course.
john
normjackson said:
Consensus in this thread seems to be that there is less mirror slap in the 5D cf the 10D and 20D :
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1032&message=15595144

P.S. Just seen question was really about noise. Yes, guy on thread who wrote mini review recognised a different sort of noise from 5D. 10D might be quietest of three.

John - it's a Canon :'D

The only way you can tell it's working is the mirror slap - my A1, T90, EOS 5 and 20D all had mirror slap and I have come to regard it as quite comforting. :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back